Wednesday, August 13, 2014

1800 Child's Dress for Anne

The inspiration for this little dress came from an image I saved long ago of a simple child's frock c. 1800. There was an accompanying pattern in PDF format. I think it was a Tidens Toj pattern, though as I cannot find it on their website any longer perhaps I am mistaken.



I made it up today for Anne, in a piece of tan printed cotton slightly less than one yard in quantity. It went together quickly and easily.



The dress features a flat front bodice with a flat front skirt, a drawstring gathered back bodice and skirt and plain short sleeves. The skirts are cut slightly A-line in shape, throwing a bit more fullness into the hem.


Anne was delighted to have a new dress and fell asleep tonight wearing it. I wondered how she would get along with an ankle length skirt but she seemed to do just fine.













Can't wait to see her in it this weekend at the rendezvous! I think the regency era suits her well.

Love,
Sarah

8 comments:

  1. It certainly does suit her! What a precious dress (and an even more precious little lady within). I love the combination of fabric and cut, and her little cap just finishes it perfectly. :-)

    Blessings,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah, she is so precious I can't handle it. It DEFINITELY suits her :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, you're right - the pattern did come from Tidens Tøj. I have it, and several others that are or have been on the webpage, in a book.

    It turned out lovely, and the cap is a perfect complement! Glad to see you back to making period clothes for the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!

    Sarah, do you take commissions? I would pay you in advance for the fabric and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sarah, she is so cute! I love it! You are very talented!

    Hope everything's going well! Good to see you sewing again!

    Love,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my heavens how darling is the dress and litte Ann!!! The cap is super darling as well! What fun!
    Blessings!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah, forgive me for posting this here but i WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT i HAVE FINISHED THE PAINTING OF YOU AND THE COIF. i DON'T HAVE AN EMAIL TO SEND YOU A PHOTO OF IT BUT YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT THIS EMAIL ADDRESS ADIEAF6@GMAIL.COM
    whoops Caps off again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely thoughts!